Welcome to Faith Bible Church!
We're located on the west edge of Lyons, Kansas
@ 1496 West US Hwy 56
(turn south at the Rice County Safety Complex)
(turn south at the Rice County Safety Complex)
For MapQuest directions, click HERE!
to follow Christ
(620) 257-2466 (pastor's office)
(620) 257-5439 (pastor's home)
Thought for the Week
There is an old story about a house servant that had two large pots. One hung on each end of a pole that he carried across his neck. One of the pots had a crack in it. At the end of the long walk from the stream to the master's house, the cracked pot arrived only half full. The other pot was perfect and always delivered a full portion of water.
For two years the servant delivered each day only one-and-a-half pots full of water to his master's house. The perfect pot was proud of its accomplishments, but the poor cracked pot was ashamed of its own imperfection, and miserable over accomplishing only half of what it had been made to do.
After two years of what it perceived to be bitter failure, the cracked pot spoke to the servant one day by the stream.
“I am ashamed of myself, and I want to apologize to you.”
“What are you ashamed of?” asked the bearer.
“For these past two years I have been able to deliver only half my load because this crack in my side causes water to leak out all the way to your master's house. Because of my flaws, you don't get full value from your work.”
The servant said, “As we return to the master's house, I want you to notice the beautiful flowers along the path.” As they went up the hill, the cracked pot noticed the beautiful wild flowers on the side of the path. When they reached the house, the servant said to the pot, “Did you notice the flowers grew only on your side of the path, not on the other pot's side? That's because I have always known about your flaw, and I took advantage of it. I planted flower seeds on your side of the path, and every day while we walk back from the stream, you've watered them. For two years I have been able to pick beautiful flowers to decorate my master's table.”
There are times when we feel like we’ve failed. But Jesus can use those failures to grace His Father’s table. And God can use our so-called “failures” to great advantage.
John 1:11-12 says, "He came to that which was His own, but his own did not receive him. Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God."
Join us this Sunday
Sunday School at 9:30 a.m., for children and adults. Hadley Hicks is teaching the book of Revelation in the adult class. Come and learn about God's plan for the future, and see how the stage is being set right now for the end of the age.
Worship at 10:30 a.m. for everyone (Nursery provided). Don't miss these special Christmas services in the month of December as we sing some of your favorite Christmas carols and Pastor Phil preaches on the Servant Songs of Isaiah in anticipation of the celebration of Christ's birth.
Adult Bible Study, 6 p.m., at Pastor Phil and Sandy's home (501 S Clark Avenue, Lyons, KS). We'll review and discuss the Sunday morning messages on the Servant Songs of Isaiah. This is your opportunity to get your questions answered, to go more in-depth in these Messianic prophecies, and to discuss their relevance to us in the 21st Century.
Join us this Week
Monday, 7 - 8:30 p.m., Ladies Bible Study @ Faith Bible Church
Wednesday, 5:30 p.m., Worship Team Practice
Wednesday, 6:30 p.m., Christmas Caroling, start @ Faith Bible Church
Saturday, 7:00 a.m., Men of Faith Bible Study in the pastor's office.
- Men of Faith: Calling all men to join a band of brothers, men of faith, on a quest together to be all that God has called us to be as men, learning to be men of influence in our families, community, church and nation. We meet for Bible study in the pastor's office at 7 a.m. every Saturday morning, breakfast at 7 a.m. the first Saturday of every month in the fellowship hall, and work projects to be announced throughout the year.
- Ladies Bible Study: All ladies from 13 to 103 are invited to go on a journey together through the Bible from Genesis to Revelation. They meet every Monday night from 7 to 8:30 p.m. at Faith Bible Church. Don't miss this wonderful opportunity to share your lives as you explore God's Word together. Nancy Hicks is your guide, so contact her for more information at (620) 278-3680.
AWANA is underway, 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m., at Faith Bible Church, Wednesday nights for children in grades K-6. Get the word out and bring your children and grandchildren for a great evening of Bible discovery in the context of a whole lot of fun, guided by caring adults.
- Christmas Caroling: 6:30 p.m., Wednesday, December 11, join the worship team and the AWANA families for a night of caroling to the Country Place, the Rice County District Hospital, the Good Samaritan Nursing Home, and Sunflower Estates. Dress warmly. Bring your friends and family, and get ready to share some of the Christmas Spirit. Afterwards, we'll return to the church for friendly chats, finger foods and hot chocolate.
- Christmas Eve Service: 6 p.m., Tuesday, December 24. Invite your family and friends for a simple service of praise, which will include some of your favorite Christmas carols, the reading of the Christmas story, and a Christmas meditation from God's Word. It is a good way to start your family Christmas celebration, reflecting on the true meaning of Christmas, before you tear into all those presents and eat all that food!
- Free Christian Videos: Faith Bible Church is providing every member and regular attender an on-line video library with over 2,000 video sessions from a host of well-respected pastors and teachers on almost every subject that impacts your daily life. They include videos for children, youth, and adults on a variety of topics including books of the Bible, marriage, parenting, finance, work, leadership, men's and women's issues, the Christian life, recovery, interacting with the culture, short films, stories for children and a host of other topics. If you or someone you know is struggling in their marriage, financially strapped and drowning in debt, have a son or daughter who is making some very poor choices, or just need to grow in your personal relationship with Jesus, you will find what you need in this video library free of charge. We just need your email address, so you can receive an email invitation, which will allow you to log into RIGHTNOW MEDIA and watch any of these 2,000 video sessions for free. Just email Pastor Phil at email@example.com and we will get you an invitation. To see what's available, click HERE! to watch a brief 2 minute video.
To HEAR Pastor Phil's latest message click HERE!To READ Pastor Phil's latest message click HERE!