Welcome to Faith Bible Church!
We're located on the west edge of Lyons, Kansas
@ 1496 West US Hwy 56
(turn south at the Rice County Safety Complex)
(turn south at the Rice County Safety Complex)
For MapQuest directions, click HERE!
to follow Christ
(620) 257-2466 (pastor's office)
(620) 257-5439 (pastor's home)
Thought for the Week
Look at the following paragraph and see if you can read it:
The hmuan mnid is a wndoreullfy cpoemlx oargn. You see? It deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod aearpr, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is that the frist and lsat ltteer are in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the human mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig isn't it?
Our lives are like that sometimes. They don’t always make sense, but those are the times when we need to step back and remember that Jesus Christ is the One who controls the end from the beginning. In fact, He IS the Beginning and the End, the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last (Revelation 22:13).
So when things in the middle don’t make sense, we can rest assured that one day it will all become perfectly clear, because Jesus is sovereign. He is in control.
Let's Read the Bible Together
If you would like to join us in the exciting journey of exploring the treasures of God's Word, I invite you to read through the entire Bible with us this year. The reading plan includes readings from the Old Testament and the New Testament every day, which actually take you through the Old Testament once and the New Testament twice. Just click HERE for today's reading schedule and get started on a journey which will absolutely change your life.
Join us this Sunday:
Sunday School, 9:30 a.m., for children and adults. Hadley Hicks is teaching on the reliability of the Bible in the adult class. God's Word has come under great attack today, so a lot of people are questioning its credibility. This class answers some of those questions you or your friends may be asking these days. Everyone welcome!
Worship at 10:30 a.m. for everyone (Nursery provided). This Sunday, Pastor Phil brings a message called Certainty in Uncertainty, about how to live in uncertain times from Mark 11:1-11. Join us this Palm Sunday for wonderful celebration of Jesus, our King!
Adult Bible Study, 6 p.m., @ Phil & Sandy Green's home (501 S. Clark Avenue, Lyons, KS). We're looking at the "one another's" of the New Testament to discover practical ways to "love one another", "serve one another", and "live in harmony with one another". Following Christ was never meant to be a solo act. Christ called us to follow Him in the context of community with other followers of Christ. Join us and learn how to bring health and healing to all your relationships (family, friendships, etc.), but especially to your relationships in the body of Christ.
This Week @ Faith Bible Church
- Monday: Ladies Bible Study, 7 - 8:30 p.m., in the sanctuary overflow room
- Wednesday: Lenten Lunch, 12 noon to 1 p.m. at the First Presbyterian Church (221 S. Pioneer)
- Wednesday: Worship Team Practice, 5:30 p.m., in the sanctuary
- Wednesday: AWANA, 6:30 - 8:00 p.m., in the fellowship hall
- Friday: Good Friday Breakfast, 7 a.m. at First United Methodist Church
- Friday: Good Friday Service, noon to 3 p.m., at Christ's Bible Church in Nickerson
- Saturday: Men of Faith Bible Study, 7 - 8 a.m. in the sanctuary overflow room
- Easter Lilies: For those who wish to decorate our sanctuary with Easter lilies in honor or memory of someone, please purchase the lilies and bring them to the church on or before Easter Sunday, April 20. Contact Pastor Phil by Friday, April 18, so he can put the names of those you wish to remember in the bulletin. Thank you very much.
- Lenten Lunches: From noon to 1 p.m. each Wednesday through April 16, the Lyons Ministerial Association is sponsoring lunch and worship at the First Presbyterian Church (221 S. Pioneer) in downtown Lyons around the theme of the seven last words of Christ on the cross. Lunch will be served starting at noon with a time of singing and a brief message presented by one of our local pastors following at about 12:30 p.m. Just make your way to the church during your lunch break, enjoy fellowship with other believers, and get a "faith lift" in the middle of your week.
- Good Friday Service -- Christ's Bible Church in Nickerson, Kansas (at the south end of town on Hwy 96), invites everyone to this special service from noon to 3 p.m., Friday, April 18. Three speakers will be presenting messages on various aspects of the cross along with songs of praise and worship, ending in a celebration of the Lord's Table. Everyone is invited to come and go as they are able to celebrate what Christ accomplished for us on the cross.
- Family Movie Night: 6 p.m., Sunday, April 27, at faith Bible Church. Pizza and popcorn provided. We'll enjoy a wonderful Christian movie together in an evening which is sure to encourage your faith and deepen our friendships. This is also a good opportunity to invite your friends and neighbors to experience a little of what Faith Bible Church is all about and perhaps to introduce them to Jesus!
- Wycliffe Associates Banquet: 7 p.m., Monday, April 28. Everyone is invited to this free banquet at the Ramada Inn, Hutchinson (1400 N. Lorraine Street). Hear how God is using volunteers (people just like you) to accelerate Bible translation for the millions still waiting to read the Scriptures. Contact Keith or Marilyn Kimple (620-897-6632) for complimentary tickets.
- Men of Faith: Calling all men to join a band of brothers, men of faith, on a quest together to be all that God has called us to be as men, learning to be men of influence in our families, community, church and nation. We meet for Bible study in the pastor's office at 7 a.m. every Saturday morning, breakfast at 7 a.m. the first Saturday of every month in the fellowship hall, and work projects to be announced throughout the year.
- Ladies Bible Study: All ladies from 13 to 103 are invited to go on a journey together through the Bible from Genesis to Revelation. They meet every Monday night from 7 to 8:30 p.m. at Faith Bible Church. Don't miss this wonderful opportunity to share your lives as you explore God's Word together. Nancy Hicks is your guide, so contact her for more information at (620) 278-3680.
AWANA: 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m., every Wednesday, at Faith Bible Church for children in grades K-6. Get the word out and bring your children and grandchildren for a great evening of Bible discovery in the context of a whole lot of fun, guided by caring adults. AWANA awards night is April 30 for clubbers and their families. Don't miss this last night of the season when we'll enjoy hot dogs, chips, ice cream, a short program and awards for jobs well done. Everyone welcome!
- Free Christian Videos: Faith Bible Church is providing every member and regular attender an on-line video library with over 3,000 video sessions form a host of well-respected pastors and teachers on almost every subject that impacts your daily life. They include videos for children, youth and adults on a variety of topics including books of the Bible, marriage, parenting, finance, work, leadership, men's and women's issues, the Christian life, recovery, interacting with the culture, short films, stories for children and a host of other topics. If you or someone you know is struggling in their marriage, financially strapped and drowning in debt, have a son or daughter who is making some very poor choices, or just need to grow in your personal relationship with Jesus, you will find what you need in this video library free of charge. We just need your email address, so you can receive an email invitation, which will allow you to log onto RIGHT NOW MEDIA and watch any of these 3,000 video sessions for free. Just email Pastor Phil at email@example.com and we'll get you an invitation. To see what's available, click HERE! to watch a brief, 2-minute video.
To HEAR Pastor Phil's latest message click HERE!To READ Pastor Phil's latest message click HERE!